Sunday, June 1, 2008

Thai Pineapple Chicken Curry allrecipes.com



Once again, I received an email that caught my eye. I absolutely LOVE curry dishes, so when I saw this one, I just had to try it. It is made with red curry paste, which can be found in the Asian section of your grocery store. The receipe is simple, colorful, and absolutely delicious!

2 cups uncooked jasmine rice (follow directions on back of package to cook--I used our rice maker)
1/4 cup red curry paste (about half of a small jar)
2 cans coconut milk (I used lite, and only 1.5 cans)
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
3 TBLS fish sauce (I omitted this)
2 TBLS white sugar
1 1/2 cups sliced bamboo shoots, drained (I omitted this as well)
1 red bell pepper, cut in thin strips
1 red green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 small onion, cut into thin strips
1 can pineapple chunks, drained

In a bowl, whisk together curry paste and 1 can coconut milk. Transfer to a wok (or large pan) and mix in remaining coconut milk, chicken, and sugar (also fish sauce and bamboo shoots if you use them). Bring to a boil, and cook 15 minutes, until chicken juices run clear.

Mix in the red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and onion into the wok. Continue cooking 10 minutes, until chicken juices run clear and peppers are tender. Remove from heat, and stir in pineapple. Serve over cooked rice.


This was such a beautiful meal while it was cooking!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

kellypea said...

This sounds really good. I've tried a few red curries, but am not all that experienced, so this sounds like another good recipe to try. I notice you left out the fish sauce. The idea was a bit "eeewwww" to me at first, but the flavor is amazing and it adds so much depth to whatever I put it in....

Unknown said...

That looks good......
=======
SEO projects