Monday, June 30, 2008

Father's Day French Toast



Sorry for the lack of posts...I have had computer issues with pictures. I was suppose to do the daring bakers challenge this month, but unfortunately ended up sick and couldn't do it. Hopefully, they let me try again next month because I really want to do it!

These pics are from Father's Day, so I have had them awhile. I have really wanted to post this recipe, because it was easy, fun, and oh so delicious!

I got this French Toast recipe from the Walt Disney World recipes...I guess it is served in The Magic Kingdom. It is insanely bad for you, and insanely good. You all know me though, I can't feed my family straight up garbage...so I did make a few changes to try and make it healthier!




I couldn't bring myself to use that wonderful huge Texas bread...instead I used my very healthy and nutritious Alpine Valley bread. I also used less flour, but pretty much everything else was the same.




Puffed French Toast
from Crystal Palace, Magic Kingdom

2 whole eggs
2 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups milk
1 cup flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
12 slices Texas style toast, cut in half diagonally
cinnamon sugar mix (4 tsp. cinnamon + 3/4 cup granulated sugar)

Mix eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla, and milk until blended.

Slowly add flour and baking powder, mix until smooth.

Dip bread in batter.

Fry in hot skillet with 1" oil until browned ( I did not use 1" of oil...just a little bit of butter!)

Drain on paper towels, and roll in sugar mix.

Enjoy! These were delicious with the healthy variations...I cannot imagine how good they are just as the recipe says!

2 comments:

Christine said...

I see that you’re interested and fascinated in food
stuffs. This is awesome Father's Day French Toast. You see, we have this food site Foodista.com (http://www.foodista.com) that
is a food and cooking encyclopaedia that everyone and
anyone can edit. Maybe you are interested in sharing
some of recipes to us or share your knowledge about
food stuffs and techniques,Or maybe you just like to
write reviews about food, restaurant and recipes...why
don't you visit us sometimes, if it's food you're
interested in, then we are interested in you. Don't
hesitate to check us out.

I hope to see you there.


Cheers!

Unknown said...

Hello friends,this is alex........m here for communication.......
=======
SEO services