Monday, April 28, 2008

Little pieces of heaven!


That is exactly what these cookies were! I saw on a food blog...one of my favorites, pickypalate, that she had used cinnamon chips for cookies. I didn't think a whole lot of it, until I saw them at Target and decided to pick up a bag. They have sat in my pantry for a couple of weeks now, and just today, I decided to pick them up and make cookies out of them. There was a great recipe on the backside...so I used it.



This is my first time with cinnamon chips...As soon as I bit into one, I honestly felt like I was eating a cinnamon roll. Seriously...that good. It was like cinnamon, sugar, and butter all in one little morsel. There goes my diet today. I also threw in some white chocolate chips I had, and these cookies came out perfect.



Oatmeal Cinnamon Chips Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
2 cups + 2 TBLS all purpose flour
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 ½ cups quick oats
2 eggs
1 10 oz pack. Hershey’s Cinn. Chips
1 ½ tsp vanilla
¾ cup white chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350.
Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine flour and baking soda; add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in oats, cinnamon chips and white chocolate chips.

Drop by teaspoons onto cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 3 minutes on sheet, and remove to wire racks.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

My family are cookie fiends and I will definately make these, although I am not sure I have seen cinnamon chips at the store! I love your blog! and plan to make a few things, thanks!

Sophie said...

What a delicious recipe! I looove cinnamon, I would love to try these. So they sell the chips at Target? MUST GO! And I thought I could only get my cinnamon fix with cinnamon toast :D.