Thursday, May 15, 2008

New Recipe!



Each morning in my email, I am sent the "daily dish" from allrecipes.com. Yesterday was Artichoke chicken. It looked easy, delicious, and had received great reviews. It was actually my shopping day, so it all worked out to try this new recipe. The original recipe calls for mayonnaise, which I absolutely despise. I tend to shy away from anything with mayonnaise in it for this reason...but I had an idea to substitute Ricotta and sour cream. It worked wonderfully...the original recipe called for 3/4 cup mayonnaise, so if you like mayonnaise, then you can always make the original recipe. I also added some Dijon mustard, which was not in the original.

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I butterfly mine so they cook faster)
1 jar/can marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup ricotta
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tsp Dijon mustard
salt
pepper
garlic powder

Heat oven to 375 (I cooked it at 400), and spray a 9x13 casserole dish. Place the chicken evenly in the casserole dish. Next, in a bowl, mix together the chopped and well drained artichoke hearts, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, ricotta, sour cream, and Dijon mustard. Once it is stirred, add in the salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. (I tasted mine before I put it on the chicken, and played with the garlic powder some). Spread the mixture evenly over the chicken breasts.

Bake at 400 uncovered for 25 minutes; or until top is golden brown and chicken breasts are cooked all the way through.

No comments: